Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Mantle Decor- Recycled

You may remember this banner I made for my sisters baby shower HERE.  I figured the other side was perfectly good and if I followed the basic principal, I could have a smacking new  Fall inspired banner for my mantle at home.
Here is the banner in all its blue- and- white- baby- shower-goodness.  
DSC_0430
I flipped the banner over and grabbed some new supplies.  ( Fall scrap paper and glue)
DSC_0431
Now the only hard part, deciding what paper to put where.
 DSC_0432
After you have the paper set out the way you like it; just glue them down.  
Voila, a mantle all ready for fall. 
DSC_0489
Plus, what I like best about my mantle is it can pretty much stay up  decorated this way through Thanksgiving.  
I don't know about you; but while I would LOVE to decorate for all seasons, I just don't get to do it to much.  So when I choose to do my mantle- or any decor, for that matter- the items I use have got to work  for me.

I am linking up to these blogs.
Get Your Craft On Tuesday
Here are the linky rules -

9 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

great idea using the other side! it looks great!

Myya said...

Way to get creative!

Nesty Girl said...

What a great idea! I am looking for ideas for my mantle, and I love finding ways to use up my scrapbooking "stash."

Visiting from MTWC. Have a great day!

blesid said...

Love the idea of flipping the banner over and using what you have! Your blog name made me smile, my family calls me "the family jewels" XO Jules

the cape on the corner said...

looks so cute!

this blessed nest said...

looks awesome! but of course, i'm rather partial to some bunting. ;)

thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

kellie

Hanna said...

HI there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop! Lovely Blog!You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for joining us over at our Sassy Sites blog party! It's fun to see everyone! Come on over tomorrow and sign up for our Spotlight Giveaway! We would love to have you!! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Holly said...

A repurpose...LOVE it! Very cute..I am tickled pink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...